Sender:
From:
Mark Steinberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:29:21 -0400
I've noticed that inclusion of hypertex \specials can affect vertical
space. E.g., including the \specials immediately before an equation
environment sometimes adds space above the environment.

I publish articles in multiple formats, some of which include the
\specials and others of which don't. This can cause problems in which
different versions have different page breaks, requiring manual
intervention and major headaches.

Can latex address this issue, or is it an underlying tex problem?

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any potential cure?

Many thanks.

Mark Steinberger
Mark Steinberger       |        http://nyjm.albany.edu:8000/~mark
Dept. of Math. & Stat  |
University at Albany   |
Albany, NY 12222       | Editor in Chief, New York Journal of Mathematics
[log in to unmask]    |      http://nyjm.albany.edu:8000/nyjm.html