Sender:
From:
Frank Mittelbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:05:15 +0100
Hans Aberg writes:
 > At 20:28 +0000 2001/02/12, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
 > >In a moment, Frank will shout at me in private for getting off the
 > >subject of the list, and complain in public that no-one takes the L3
 > >research seriously enough.
 >
 > At 07:09 +0100 2001/02/13, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
 > >you're a lier and you know it, i seldom shout in private; but happy birthday
 > >anyway (in public)
 >
 > This reminds me of the mean length of a marriage, namely the fact that it
 > becomes meaner the longer it is. -- Perhaps the same is true with
 > discussions if the stay stuck one the same topic.

off by miles. Sebastian and I go way back (though  nothing to do with
marriage) but I thought it was obvious that I was telling him a lier for his
claim that I shout in private.

he is right though about one point: I'm very much interested in concepts and
algorithms for high quality typesetting and think that TeX is a good basis
to actually explore them. Strangely enough a lot of people still turn to it
(LaTeX) when it comes to formatting XML and other documents.