Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:40:20 +0100
From:
Ulrich Dirr <[log in to unmask]>
(prelude)
I'm too stupid to setup the new output routine in such a way that
everything else (packages) works as before except for grid layout (and
the other benefits). Sorry.

Therefore I've tried to setup my document macros so that baseline grid
typesetting is accomplished. But I always fail with Frank Mittelbach's
multicol environment.

When multicol finishes, say after 6 lines, and a subsection follows
(defined with \@startsection and pre/post skips of 1\baselineskip) some
space is added which I can't explain. After some testing I realized that
the amount varies when changing the value of\multicolovershoot. But my
multicol environment (these 6 lines) only contains normal text. I
thought ok then measure the depth of the last line of the multicol
environment and give it as the overshoot value. At first glance this
works. But when adding more material after the heading everything is out
of (grid)order once again. I'm at a loss here.

Could someone explain me how I can achieve grid layout anyway? Or why
it's not working.

My macros for headings, page layout values, font sizes, display material
are all defined in multiples of \(normal)baselineskip.

Did I miss some hidden value?

Thank you for help in advance
Ulrich Dirr