Sender:
From:
Achim Blumensath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:24:12 +0100
Hello,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:20:28PM +0100, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> Achim Blumensath writes:
>
>  > one head-package used (which never made it to the experimental
>  > directory, but it should be somewhere in the mailing list archives).
>
> adding Peter's contribution was not meant as a value statement one way or the
> other.

I know. I just wanted to point out that there are some examples that
aren't on your site.

> so if you dig up your attempt i'll put it side-long (or anything else
> for that matter as long as it is documented and helps in thinking further
> about these matters)

I've attached my version of the head-package and also the page layout
package I've written some while ago.

> what the disucssion so far tells me (though that isn't really surprising :-)
> is that what is really missing is thinking further about the interfaces
> itself, e.g.
>
>   - what kind of template-type (s) is wanted, what exactly should it do?
>   - what are the explicit/implicit inputs?

Wouldn't this be a great volunteer project for people who like to
contribute but lack the TeX skills to actually write the code?
As a first step one could compile a list of possible templates/template
types one would need to implement all the features the standard classes
provide.

Achim
   Achim Blumensath                                          \O/ \___/\ |
   Mathematische Grundlagen der Informatik                   =o=  \ /\ \|
   www-mgi.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~blume                  /"\   o----|