Sender:
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:36:03 +0100
From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
On 19/09/2011 13:18, Joseph Wright wrote:
>> As for the iow_open question, I think that most languages will
>> overwrite the existing file by default.  If you want to provide an
>> option for appending to the file, I'd create an ioa_open:N macro.
>
> This one seems clear: the arguments for a _new function here are
> reasonable. Expect an update to the SVN this week (possibly today,
> depends on how busy I am).

Hello all,

Apologies for the slight delay on this: it slipped of my list. I have
now added \io(r|w)_new:(N|c) back into expl3. At present, these reserve
stream names but are not required, and so existing code will not break.
However, as it does seem appropriate to use these function, I will look
to make them required by \io(r|w)_open:Nn after a suitable delay. The
re-introduced functions will appear in the next CTAN snapshot of
l3kernel, probably by the weekend.