Sender:
From:
Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:23:19 +0100
At 19:40 +0100 2001/02/15, jbezos wrote:
>> Did you check the subject of this thread; it starts "Side remarks..." -- I
>> didn't start this discussion, somebody else did.
>
>That's all I needed! Don't blame Michael John
>Downes! Be respectful. :-( . He began the thread;
>_you_ began this discussion. See the original
>message and you will se that it explains some
>issues on how to read Unicode composite
>characters and convert them to a LaTeX from.

Well, LaTeX uses TeX, and Frank brought up the issue of suitable TeX
successors, and in that context we started to discuss some TeX internals.
-- So that is related to the LaTeX group.

But I have no idea how the newlines comments by Rainer Schoepf, Robin
Fairbairns and others fit into it. -- It would have been good to hear a
reply from Rainer instead of the others. He described the easy way, known
everyone who ever wrote a computer program, to merely open text files and
let the OS/library make the translations as though it was the only one way,
which BTW does not work under MacOS, unless you also translate UNIX files
into MacOS standard or do some other tweaking, which is a bother.

  Hans Aberg