Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Timothy Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 02:38:55 +0100
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 05:24:08PM -0400, Boris Veytsman wrote:

> 2. The state of TeX/LaTeX in Debian is high on the priority list for
>    many LaTeX users I know, and very high for many system admins that
>    support LaTeX on their machines.

I find this very hard to believe.

I have read thousands of postings about LaTeX,
attended many TeX/LaTeX meetings,
and do not recall ever hearing or seeing the word Debian in that context.

(I just checked on dejanews,
and as far as I could see the only postings on comp.text.tex
with "Debian" in them concerned supposed bugs
in the Debian implementation of TeX.)

> If Debian starts to change the standard, I
> will probably migrate to TeXLive again -- with all the problems this
> migration would cause.

Tell us one such problem.

--
Timothy Murphy