From:
David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:36:13 GMT
> - What are the platforms that can compile TeX but cannot compile
>   Omega?
platforms for which you don't have the TeX source, or (probably)
if you only have a pascal compiler. Pretend I'm a Mac user and
tell me how to install an omega-only-latex on textures.

> - Is it basically clear to the LaTeX experts what needs to be done,
these things always seem clear at the beginning, cloudy in the middle
and clear at the end that the original idea was wrong and what you
implemented was better than what you specified.

> - How do such changes compare with what is being done anyway for
>   LaTeX3?
different.

> - Will things get harder or easier with Omega?
If it isn't easier to handle unicode in Omega than in standard TeX then
something is radically wrong with the world.

> This is a situation we should REALLY avoid!
I would like that too. Tell me how!

David

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp