From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:40:43 +0100
Hello all,

Many of you will have seen that Taco Hoekwater has set up 'TLContrib' as
a way of distributing material outside of the main TeX Live repositories.

   http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/

One use of this is for testing pre-release material. The expl3 and
xpackages bundles are obvious candidates for this. To allow more testing
on the 'snapshots' that get sent to CTAN periodically, I'll be aiming to
keep the TLContrib grabs up to date on a regular basis. As the process
is a lot more automated than using CTAN, I'm hoping to make this perhaps
weekly. In that way I'm hoping that interested parties can spot any
issues with expl3 and xpackages before it gets inflicted on everyone via
CTAN!