From:
Ulrike Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:27:06 +0200
Am Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:10:39 -0400 schrieb Bruno Le Floch:

>> The is no pre-build 'strip_braces' function at present. You don't say if
>> we are talking one set of braces or multiple sets. For the former case,
>> a simple 'do nothing' loops would be easiest:
>>
>>   \tl_set:Nx \l_temp_tl
>>     { \tl_map_function:NN \l_temp_tl \exp_not:n }
>
> Agreed with Joseph. If you need to recursively remove braces, and
> don't care about speed,

Well actually I don't need to remove the braces recursively and I do
care about speed so the solution of Joseph is fine. I don't want to
make the parsing to complicated, I even haven't decided yet if I
really should care about possible braces.

(I'm starting to like expl3 quite a lot. But I'm still unsure about
the concrete meaning of some concepts, this make it a bit difficult
to decide in which part of the documentation to look for something.
So I'm quite happy that I didn't overlook an existing solution ;-).)

--
Ulrike Fischer