From:
"Mittelbach, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 18:13:10 +0200
to answer from my perspective:

i prefer \def:Npn over \def:NNn even for a function without arguments. I already wrote why i think there should not be any \def:NNn in the first place but beside that, having #1 #2 ... in case there are arguments is far more important to me than not having anything in case of no arguments (and the "p" stands out fairly well as well) ... but clearly those are all fairly subjective feelings about the universe

frank