From:
David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:23:36 GMT
> but others of us have been doing it for some while.

Now, I wonder who I had in mind for volunteering for this....

> actually, i'd throw out some of the things that you have in
> there at present....

But that is the point, the stuff currently in there now is not there
because it is `superior' it is there because it is `written by us'
ie it is a totally objective criterion. Except of course for the
exceptions, things like calc which we have adopted, and things
by us which are not in the core distribution but for one reason or other
are scattered around ctan. But my mother always said that it was
exceptions that prove the rule.

> we hear from you, Frank and Chris,

Well I suppose that we are mainly the ones doing core tex coding on the
kernel. There are of course other things you don't see. In particular
Rainer is most vulnerable to being swamped if the bug report database
gets used for an extended distribution. (Also Martin  Schroeder who helps
front the gnats system.)

David