Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 22:12:03 +0100
Hello,

Yet more questions.

Question 1. The various counter-creation macros in expl3 work like
\newcount.  There doesn't seem to be anything like \newcounter, for
creating something with a user-facing \the<counter>.  Should counters
that go near the user stick with \newcounter for the moment, or should
one define \c@<counter> and \the<counter> "by hand" so that things look
the same for the user?  I guess this is partly a philosophical question!

Question 2. Why is \clist_map_break:w "weird"?  It doesn't take an
argument from a use point of view, so I'd have expected \clist_map_break:.

Do tell me to stop if I'm asking too much!