From:
Bernard GAULLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:50:50 +0200
  I'm afraid about the words used to say something like
e-TeX is a non-sense, never used, without any kind of future,
and so on... I respect the work done by the NTS group, as
well as the LaTeX group, and the Omega guys. All these groups
work hard to go on and make TeX able to fight with commercial
products you know. Yes these works aren't fully integrated
in only one project. Yes things seem not to converge. But
they go and move and this is terribly unpolite to reduce
their work to an amusing task without interest. No !
I support definitely all that work, they go each one in a good
direction, that's all we need. Another time, in a better life,
we'll see the convergent point, as we discover now that
web2c 7 is the best engine today, just because it is able
to concentrate various interesting tools or technics.

  Please accept each other and don't fight like this, it's
absolutely stupid and unproductive.

  --bg