Roozbeh Pournader <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:29:38 +0330
On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Thierry Bouche wrote:

> > > We need some examples. I can't find any.
>
> a full swash italic font with automatic ligaturing for uppercases
> (including accented ones), plus maybe automatic ligaturing of some extra
> pairs than the standard ones, and maybe also automatic selection of long
> s/short s or other special ending charachters.

I received TUGboat 2000:2 yesterday, and read about such things in the
rich fonts article there. But it is really weird to me that when I was
making that comment, I was ignorant of the situation with Arabic
(language, and not the script) typography, where huge amount of ligatures
are normal.

--roozbeh