Sender:
From:
Barbara Beeton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:18:48 -0500
roozbeh pournader suggests that a poll be taken to find out what
packages are actually used with latex.  sounds to me like a
reasonable idea.

if someone will put together a questionnaire, i will be happy to
publish it in the december issue of tugboat.  (we're trying to get
the camera copy out by christmas, so if it's to be done, the text
should be in hand no later than the end of next week.)  it's probably
possible to set up a mail drop at the tug site so that e-mail returns
can be collected or forwarded from there to whoever will do the analysis.
a postal address would also be a good idea, as some tugboat readers
still don't have good net connections.

tugboat would also be a suitable place to report the results of the
survey.
                                                -- barbara beeton