From:
Robin Fairbairns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:53:40 +0000
several people have commented that the distributed pdf of the new
encodings guide (encguide) was deficient.

this was indeed so: generating the thing is a bit tricky[*], so we
have it checked into our cvs.  it turns out that the wrong version got
checked in; i've now put that right.

i've also updated the zip file it lives in:

  ctan:macros/latex/beta-test/latex2e.zip

the new file is a good bit larger than the old, with several more font
tables illustrative of the various encodings.

robin fairbairns.

[*] it has been pointed out to us that it's not tricky at all were we
simply to use the current texlive cd "raw" (or to install all of
texlive).  i've not investigated that, because i had already installed
all the "out of the way" fonts in my texmfhome tree, under my tetex
installation.