From:
"Mittelbach, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:07:18 +0100
I wonder if we might want the concept of _unsafe functions, ie those that do not check but expect the programer to take care of that, while by default all others will be safe. In certain applications I could see speed/processing reasons for something like this. On the other hand one can question how much this matters these days.

opinions?

frank