Donald Arseneau <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:46:49 -0800
David Kastrup <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> > This probably doesn't belong on this list, so email me.
>
> Guffaw.  Output routine design details in connection with LaTeX don't
> belong on the LaTeX-L list?

I was rushed to finish off.  What I meant to say is that I could
look at some specific failed attempt to use \holdinginserts,
and would take that by direct mail.

The problem with \penalty\outputpenalty is that \outputpenalty=10000
and prevents the same page break instead of forcing the same break.
I would use a unique force-break penalty.

--
Donald Arseneau                          [log in to unmask]