From:
Marcel Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 19:17:49 +0200
A small update of the encodings summary.  If nothing major comes up,
this is the version that will to to Apostolos.  Of course I will
continue update the online document whenever necessary.

Apart from a general clean-up, a few section which are now marked with
change bars (hopefully) reflect most of last week's traffic.

Frank Mittelbach writes:
 > pps: what might help as well is to identify the parts we do feel be
 > controverse and actually mark them (perhaps with some marginal
 > notes\marginpar{FMi: bla bla}\marginpar{JLo: Fmi talks
 > rubbish}\marginpar{LHe: they both seem to have no idea what they
 > are talking about} :-)

Unfortunately LaTeX2HTML eats marginpars.  Any idea how to cleanly do
this?

On the other hand, LaTeX barfs on URLs containing underscores.  This
brings up the issue that LaTeX3 should really define a clean standard
interface for hyperlinking.  The html package that comes with
LaTeX2HTML seems very ugly, much like the whole of LaTeX2HTML looks
like a big hack which breaks in all subtle and not-so-subtle ways.
It's just too useful to be thrown out of the window just yet...

--Marcel

LaTeX:  http://na.uni-tuebingen.de/~oliver/latex/encodings.tex
HTML:   http://na.uni-tuebingen.de/~oliver/latex/encodings/index.html