Sender:
From:
Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 14:43:20 +0000
In the excitement of arguing about *ML, I forgot a very important
point, which is that the LaTeX team have been working on a new front
matter markup. For those of you who were not at the TUG meeting, the
LaTeX team previewed a number of very exciting things which they expect
to release within the next 6 months; perhaps the front matter markup
has been forgotten in the excitement.

I do hope that Jorg et al will not start off on a new direction of
markup, just when the core system is about to have radical
improvements.

Sebastian

PS I must add (publicly) that for the first time in years, I am feeling that
LaTeX has a future. Thanks for Frank, David and Chris for inspiring
talks at TUG 99. If you haven't checked their slides, do so. Stirring stuff.