Sender:
From:
Joerg Knappen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:06:54 +0000
John Palmer schrieb:

>I'm sorry but I think it extremely unlikely that I shall get to
>Heidelberg; so may I ask my question in advance?

You should be there on Tue, 21st when we hold our talk and to our
workshop on Wed, 22nd.  I never met someone working for Wiley-VCH
on a EuroTeX conference before! Ask them to send you ...

>  What co-operation do you need from publishers to make this work and
>  be generally accepted?  (For, if you need such support, I think it's
>  for those of us who work in publishing to try to get our respective
>  companies to play the game with you.)

First of all, we need your *input*:

What information should be contained in the frontmatter of a
scientific article?

What information should be contained in the bibliography?

Then, on the workshop we want to work out a markup for authors of
LaTeX files.

After the workshop we will set up a sample implementation of the
new class.

Then, we hope that all publishers will adopt to the new class, doing
their style files for their journals. So you will have to be a missionary
for the new document class. It will easy, since the new class will fit
publishers' needs much better than the old article class.

>I wish your project great success!

Thanks!

--J"org Knappen