Sender:
From:
Joerg Knappen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:00:37 +0000
Sebastian Rahtz schrieb:

> In the excitement of arguing about *ML, I forgot a very important
> point, which is that the LaTeX team have been working on a new front
> matter markup. For those of you who were not at the TUG meeting, the
> LaTeX team previewed a number of very exciting things which they expect
> to release within the next 6 months; perhaps the front matter markup
> has been forgotten in the excitement.

In fact, frontmatter matters. It is one of our two main targets (the
other ony being the bibliography).

> I do hope that Jorg et al will not start off on a new direction of
> markup, just when the core system is about to have radical
> improvements.

We don't intend to do so. This is the reason why we have a workshop at
Heidelberg, and not a presentation. We are ready to listen and to
collect all the good ideas before launching the new class. We do not
come in with a ready-made class design.

--J"org Knappen

===> EuroTeX99: http://uk.tug.org/EuroTeX-99/ <===