Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 15:50:50 +0200
7Bit
From:
Hi everybody,

now that the Second edition of The LaTeX Companion starts arriving in Europe
as well I would like to announce that Addison-Wesley and the authors
provide a number of prizes for people finding errors in our book (details
below).

The current errata file (yes, some errors have already been found) can be
found at

http://www.latex-project.org/guides/tlc2.err

It is not yet visible on the project web site but with the above link you
should be able to get it directly.

happy hunting
frank

---------- announcement as in the tlc2.err file ---------------------

begin{center}
  \Large \bfseries  To Err is Human --- Bug Contest
\end{center}

Any mistake found and reported is a gain for all readers of our book.
For this reason Addison-Wesley and the authors offer a prize (every
half year for 6 periods) to the eligible person who finds the largest
number of bugs during that period (in case of a draw a random choice
will be made between all those with the largest number of findings).
A person can receive at most one prize, ever; errors found by any of
the authors do not count.

Each prize is a free choice of any single computing book found on the
AW Professional web site \texttt{http://www.awprofessional.com} (that
is, no boxed sets or multiple volume offers).

\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{cl}
Context period ends & Winner \\[4pt]
2004/10 & \\