From:
Chris Rowley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:54:14 +0200
Philip Taylor (RHBNC) wrote --

> >> Is there a support for new e-TeX's primitives available in LaTeX?
>
> I think not, but the LaTeX team should answer this.

I recall that the last discussion I had (with Phil) on this point
ended with us agreeing that it was probably not necessary to add
anything to the LaTeX kernel to support its use with e-TeX.

Thus there appears to be no need to "support the new primitives in LaTeX".

It is of course open for anyone to write packages that make use of the
features of e-TeX.  There would need to be some method to show that
these need e-TeX: eg a new subdir on CTAN?

chris