From:
Matthew Swift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 03:45:36 -0400
http://web.mit.edu/tkd/newclude.tgz

contains my attempt at implementing a new \include system.

The tar file unpacks into ./newclude.

In ./newclude, type "make newclude.dvi" to get documentation on the
code and discussion of the problems, various solutions I attempted,
and their limitations and failures.  Some macros aren't well
documented, but most are, since I got this package pretty close to
release quality.

Sorry I don't have a good test file.  In this case one is not too hard
to make.

You must cp *.sto *.sty to where LaTeX can find them.

Note -- I'm still using LaTeX 1996/12/1 patchlevel 1, so perhaps
something is broken with later versions.  Newclude naturally redefines
some basic \include and \write macros in the kernel.  You can grow old
doing sysadmin, and in my old age I let Thomas Esser handle the
majority of my TeX installation for me.

Matt Swift