Robin Fairbairns <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:18:45 +0100
> In any case, I have strong doubts whether what is good for Elsevier
> is necessarily what is good for the latex community or for the
> academic community.

I've no doubt Sebastian has, too.  However, I believe we ignore "the
publishers' attitude" at our peril, and we've got precious few
publishers talking to us just now.

What has LaTeX 3 done, up to now?  Is it merely techniques, or has
some new UI code be written already?  My understanding was the former:
if I'm right, we are well-placed to be thinking the unthinkable right
now.

Robin F