Sender:
From:
Lars Hellström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:46:56 +0100
At 09.03 +0100 2001-01-29, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
>Lars,
[snip]
> > It would be nice if this
> > could be put in writing since you sometimes need one assignment to be
> > carried out before another (my concrete example of this is that an instance
> > key gets used in code for an `s' key).
>
>perhaps the above semantics could be made a formal specification though it
>would need to be checked whether this is true for all key types. As I said my
>recollection is that in the end the feeling was that we can't rely on order
>of specification (though even that would need formal specification)

OK, you cannot in general assume that the container for one key value is
assigned before the container for another (this wasn't what I thought but
it is probably logical if you think about what \DeclareInstance does). This
fact is probably important enough to be stressed in the documentation (kind
of "Note to people who write their own templates: You cannot make any
assuptions about the order of assignments carried out by
\DoParameterAssignments.").

Lars Hellström