Sender:
From:
Chris Rowley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:08:13 +0200
Frank Mittelbach wrote --
>  > Are there still features missing that you would like to see (other than
>  > 16/32-bit/Unicode/OTPs/etc)?
>
> yes:
>
>   first of all, strip 16/32-bit/Unicode to request for a large enough unique
>   internal addressing space (which is what is meant and needed)
>
>   second, if you think feel otps are too radical then at least proper
>   enhancements of multi-lingual interfaces, eg carrying lctables with
>   the language nodes and what else is necessary in that area.
>
>   third: to make your etc a little more concrete: a decent support page
>   breaking
>
>   forth: support for grid design, eg research and results into a
>   different/additional concept of discrete glue that jumps rather
>   than stretches >

>   fifths: ...

[some of these next ones may be advertised as "comig sonn"?]

fifth ...:
Dynamic (as needed) sizing for various things: list-memory,
names-table, ...
I do not know enough about such things to know which others are reasonable.

sixth:
Reimplement the handling of certain nodes (eg writes) so that
they do not affect the typesetting of text at all, but just indicate
positions in the internal lists.

seventh:
Extend kerning to work across spaces.

eight{}ths: ...