Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 16:45:11 +0000
William F. Hammond writes:
 > It is possible to fool ourselves into thinking that we are writing
 > LaTeX when we are really writing SGML.

now you are talking....

 > > Docbook and TEI not good enough?
 >
 > Is the dockbook model for "author" adequate?  Some things like this
 > may be both more and less than what we would want.

it is an interesting issue of whether a long-established DTD like the
TEI has enough markup to describe a 100-author CERN physics paper. I'd
be curious to see the results.

 > Do either provide enough hooks for math?

TEI and Docbook are both extensible, so on just plugs in MathML and
pray for namespace support (somehow, the mathml people thought it was
amusing to have "<list>" in their element set)

Sebastian