Sender:
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:43:29 +0100
From:
Stephan Hennig <[log in to unmask]>
Frank Mittelbach schrieb:

>  floatpage-odd    & A right-hand page with only floats               \\
>  floatpage-even   & A left-hand page with only floats                \\
>
> [...]
>
> details can be read at
> http://www.latex-project.org/svnroot/experimental/trunk/xpackages/xor/xo-pagestyle.dtx
> (which hopefully compiles with std LaTeX2e (plus the .sty file in the same
> dir)

Related or not ...

Is it possible with the new OR to restrict floats to left-hand /or/
right-hand pages?  That is, is it possible to output floats only on
left-hand pages?

The reason I'm asking is, what is currently discussed here reminds me on
a package I wrote once that provides some support for a layout where all
text is always output on right-hand pages and floats can be output on
left-hand pages on request (package semioneside).  The package builds on
top of the afterpage package and uses a very straight-forward, but
non-robust implementation.  I guess adding low-level support for
semioneside to LaTeX3 should not be too difficult.

Low-level support means:

(i)  Floats can be restricted to either recto or verso pages.

(ii)  Text can flow through both pages or be restricted to flow through
recto or verso pages only.

In fact, with that package semioneside would be superfluous.  I have no
idea if it's worth the trouble.  I know about at least two users of the
package (who reported some problems).

(iii)  A generalization could be to let text (and floats) flow through
an arbitrary page number pattern (useful for critical editions?)

What do you think?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig