Sender:
From:
Kenneth Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:49:01 +1000
Dear all,
I agree that something should be included about teTeX.
When the RAM in my aged Pentium gave up at the beginning of this year
I acquired an Athlon (64 bit) for a total of AUS$200, which included
putting the two hard drives from the old machine in the Athlon.
I installed SuSe 10.1 easily.

The blurb on the cover of the latest DVD mentions binaries for assorted
architectures for TeX Live, but AMD is not included in the list.
I haven't tried it yet, but are such binaries there?
If not, some mention should be made about Linux distributions which
_do_ include many other architectures.
If AMD binaries _are_ there, perhaps the cover could be revised for the 2009
distribution.

Ken Smith