Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:30:03 +0930
From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On 19/08/2010, at 3:50 PM, Arno Trautmann wrote:

> This time a simple question: I want to define a document environment
> that offers a star alternative. Trying to say
>
> \DeclareDocumentEnvironment{myenv}{s}{
> }
> {}
>
> gives me an undefined environment in my document. Am I doing something
> wrong here? If so, is there another way to achieve \begin{myenv*} in the
> document?

I guess for this sort of thing we haven't thought of a better interface beyond

\DeclareDocumentEnvironment{myenv*}{}{
}{
}

Nothing really springs to mind as being more convenient... any suggestions?

In your case above, you'd be defining an environment that looked like

    \begin{myenv}*...\end{myenv}

which is obviously not what you want (and a little bit weird).

-- Will