From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:03:25 +1030
On 28/03/2008, at 1:03 PM, Paul Thompson wrote:
> Is there some document somewhere which lays out the objectives of
> the new system?  I have long had some notions which I believe will
> improve functionality.  Before making them, I would like to see that
> plans for the system.

I believe the "user interface" to LaTeX3 has not yet been thoroughly
researched. This is as good as it gets, as far as I'm aware:
   <http://www.latex-project.org/guides/ltx3info.pdf>

However, a lot of work has been done on the underlying programming
interface:
   <http://www.latex-project.org/svnroot/experimental/trunk/l3in2e/>

I'd like to see a more modular, CSS-lile, interface to most LaTeX
objects, from section headings to inserting figures. But I'll have to
finish my PhD before I even start to experiment...

For example: (just off the top of my head)

\section[
   label=sec:title,
   short-name={This is the toc title},
   mark-name={This is the title in the header},
   numbered=true|false,
   in-toc=true|false,
]{This is the title}

\insertgraphic[