From:
Paul Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:02:23 -0800
I vote against \documenttype

When switching from 2.09 to 2e, it was very confusing to have the two initiation strings so similar. It was hard to remember which was which, and I still sometimes need to look them up.  If possible, it would be nice to have something quite different:

\startdoc
\docinit
\initdocument

Anything which sounds like the start of a document, but which is different from 2e, would be good.

 Paul Thompson

Division of Biostatistics
St Louis, MO 63108
314-747-3793