From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:59:18 +0930
On 14/07/2009, at 5:00 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> After a bit of discussion and some worry on my part, I've taken the
> plunge and added keys3 to expl3, renamed as "l3keys". This means that
> expl3 (at least the SVN version) provides programmers support for
> keyval
> input "out of the box". This will be in the next snapshot sent to
> CTAN.

I think there's lots to like about this plan.
Congratulations for being willing to take the plunge :)

I believe the syntax is slightly more sane than template, and has some
additional advantages such as de-coupling the default value from the
definition of the key, and having the "type-agnostic" .set method that
adds a nice simplification.

And is furthermore wonderfully documented, unlike pgfkeys :)

Thanks,
Will