From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:40:19 +1030
Hi all,

Don't forget that for utf8 encoded documents, the luatex and xetex
inputenc packages do *not* mess around with active characters or
whatever -- they prevent the legacy inputenc from doing so in the
first place.

However, given any reservations I'd be happy enough with adapting
inputenc to simply abort with an error if it's loaded with the new
engines.

More comments requested, I possible.

Will

(Sent from my phone.)