From:
Chris Rowley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:08:33 +0100
My experience of dealing with language design for 'operators that get extended from binary (infix) to what computing people call 'nary' or 'n-ary' (NOT the meaning I used for this as a mathematician) is that it is best to define a distinct operator that acts on a sequence (or list if you want potential unboundedness).

I am unsure whether it is relevant here to point out that this idea has a long mathematical pedigree in the use of 'summation-sigma' for repeated addition over
a finite but arbitrary sequence.

This would give Arno's:

or possibly something more explitly a sequence/list inside.

  \bool_and_p:n {\bool1,...,\booln}

But I would never wish to deprive others of complex infix operator expressions (even non-associative and non-commutative ones if they insist)  After all, we inflict them on our kids from the very beginning.  Who knows, our gene pool may be specially adapted to make us love them:-).

chris