Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 15:11:05 +0100
Sender:
From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Hello all,

A two-part message :)

*Release*

I've just sent the latest release of l3build to CTAN:

- Retain test file name in .tlg files*
- Normalise out paths for image files*
- Macro support (regression-test.tex) updated such that
  all macros are documented, with some used for LaTeX2e kernel
  work removed
- New typesetsourcefiles variables
- Support for subdirectory structures in sources

Changes marked * may require .tlg file updates, depending of course on
the content of the files.

*Development repository*

The team have developed l3build starting from the need to support work
on LaTeX3/expl3 code. We have been using it for other work, most
obviously for testing and releasing the LaTeX2e kernel, for some time.

Having l3build in the same (Subversion) repository as LaTeX3
developments did have some advantages for the team, but it meant that
following the change log could be a bit tricky. Moreover, as it has
become more general, the need to do releases of l3build to support
non-LaTeX3 work has increased: for example, for releasing the LaTeX2e
kernel! We have now spun l3build out to a new (Git) repository:

    https://github.com/latex3/l3build

The history in this new repository includes all of changes to l3build
since the team established it as a more than a build script for just the
LaTeX3 repo.

Please report issues, etc., with l3build in this new location.

Regards,

Joseph