From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:21:41 +0200
Am 16.09.15 um 02:51 schrieb Bruno Le Floch:
> I think it makes sense indeed to provide a conditional for the driver
> in use.  However, we should provide wrappers for most operations
> (drawing, graphics inclusion, color handling) and explicitly advise
> people to use these wrappers rather than the driver conditional.

we definitely should. One of the good things about 2e was that we
finally removed the system dependent stuff or rather encapsulated it by
providing  wrappers for color and graphic operations. So the same should
be done here.

You still need the conditionals of course to make the wrappers work but
ordinary code should use the wrappers eventually.

> Movie inclusion is a bit special and may be beyond what we want to
> provide wrappers for.  But maybe it could make sense to include a
> trimmed-down version of media9 as a team-supported package?

In the end that may be something we want to do too, but one important
aspect with wrappers is that the right level is being provided (and as
of now we may not have that inside. So if people with more experience in
that area come up with some suggestions on what wrappers make sense that
would be a good start.