From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:11:02 +1030
On 19/12/2010, at 5:05 AM, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

> looks like we should look at completing unit tests for the core modules.
>
> Any volunteer to help here?
>
> (quite a number are already there (under /testfiles directory) but as this bug
> shows not all functions are sufficiently tested yet)

I am slowly in the process of adding flags to the dtx sources for which functions have tests and which don't (see l3quark and l3box for the two I've done so far). But I've just landed a late-notice lecturing job for this semester so my time will be somewhat limited from now until the middle of the year. (Good for my career; bad for my hobbies.)

Is there anyone willing to at least help us to augment the dtx files so that we know which tests are missing?

The process is to open up the test file(s) which correspond to a given module and insert in the latter the command "\testfile*" inside the {macro} environment for every function that is being tested. So it's quite easy; just a little time-consuming.

Many thanks,
-- Will