Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:06:53 -0500
From:
Rasmus Villemoes <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Philipp Stephani <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I think you should also search class (*.cls) files. Furthermore,
> \ExplSyntaxOn is executed by \ProvidesExplPackage/Class/File.

The only package or class with a ProvidesExpl which has not already
been accounted for is

./texmf-dist/tex/latex/randomwalk/randomwalk.sty

The classes which rely on at least one package/other class with expl3
dependencies are

./texmf-dist/doc/fonts/libertine/libertinedoku.cls
./texmf-dist/source/lualatex/lualatex-doc/lltxdoc.cls
./texmf-dist/tex/latex/expl3/l3doc.cls
./texmf-dist/tex/latex/gmdoc/gmdocc.cls
./texmf-dist/tex/latex/ryethesis/ryethesis.cls
./texmf-dist/tex/latex/seuthesis/seuthesis.cls
./texmf-dist/tex/latex/suftesi/suftesi.cls
./texmf-dist/tex/latex/thuthesis/thuthesis.cls
./texmf-dist/tex/latex/uothesis/uothesis.cls

None of these declares themself as \ProvidesExplClass, nor do they
contain \ExplSyntaxOn.

Btw, the

./texmf-dist/tex/latex/chextras/chextras.sty

is a kind of false positive. It contains \ExplSyntaxOn, but only to
temporarily disable it, in order to load the polyglossia package
without allowing it to load other packages, or to turn on
ExplSyntax. Its documentation says

    In the XeTeX case, we load polyglossia with a dirty trick to
    prevent it from calling fontspec.

but I can't really see why he needs to prevent ExplSyntax. In any
case, chextras itself does not use expl3.

--
Rasmus Villemoes
<http://rasmusvillemoes.dk/>