From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:37:19 +1030
On 14/12/2009, at 12:18 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> On 13/12/2009 12:34, Joseph Wright wrote:
>> Currently, \hfil is renamed to \tex_hfil:D but not then given another
>> interface. The same seems to apply to related functions. Am I missing
>> something here?
>
> Same question applies to \kern, etc.

You're definitely right; there is a lot of missing stuff. Some of which being important and necessary to have dedicated expl3 naming support and others not so much.

I think the best option -- and this applies to everyone :) -- for such missing areas in expl3/xpackages is to write your own wrappers and if they work well then propose them as candidates for a new l3xyz module.

Sorry for the slow reply now and in general; I'm busier than usual on my thesis for the time being.

-- Will