Sender:
From:
J%ORG KNAPPEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:14:32 +0100
Frank Mittelbach schrieb:

> \DeclareInputText{189}{\textonehalf} % so that gives an error if placed in
>                                     % math
>
> but
>
> \DeclareInputMath{185}{\mathonesuperior}
>
> would that also make an uproar on ctt? i.e., changing the inputencs to be text
> objects by default

> comments anybody? (Mr. from the grave?)

Long time ago, I wrote my own inputenc files making *all* high characters
text character. The definition files (latin1jk.def, latin2jk.def,
and latin3jk.def) are available from CTAN (latex/contrib/supported/jknappen).

If the standard inputenc files are changed, I strongly plea for "dual use"
characters. The standard ASCII characters with a few exceptions can be used
in text and math as well. A user expects the high character not to be different
in this respect.

However, the whole setup using active characters makes such kind of change
rather difficult.

--J"org Knappen