Sender:
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2018 21:50:16 +0200
From:
Juergen Fenn <[log in to unmask]>
I think there is another feature BibTeX really lacks, viz. a standard
style for author-title-year citations as a standard for the humanities.

But I wonder whether it is really worth the effort to change something
about BibTeX because I think nowadays it is supposed to be stable in the
first place. E.g., BibTeX has been implemented in many a library
catalogue as an exchange format for bibliographic data. And those who
rely on citation styles different from the standard styles and on UTF-8
have a much more powerful tool at hand: Biblatex.

Maybe it would be best not to change anything about BibTeX now and to
concentrate on Biblatex and Biber instead.

Regards,
Jürgen.