Sender:
From:
Chris Rowley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:05:44 +0200
Hans Aberg wrote --

>   The next step could be submodules of modules. So at least this part looks
> both exciting and to be the right thing to me.
>
>   I can note that allowing <description> to contain _ may be a problem when
> starting to build submodules: Say the name \foo_bar_xxx:w becomes
> ambiguous, if bar is the submodule of foo, which cannot be distinguished
> from the name bar_xxx in the module foo.
>
>   So if submodules should be allowed, then either _ should be an indication
> of a submodule or a space in a name, but not both.

It is certainly true that if the module concept is to be made more
formal and/or the module part of name is to have structural
significance then the scheme would need such changes.

But, as Hans suggests in his other message, whether such ideas are
practical whilst the current TeX (or any extensions so far considered)
is the underlying language needs further research.

chris