Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 15:52:34 +0200
From: Werner LEMBERG <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
> Whereas a package name change will clearly signal that something is
> missing and if so what.

Yep.

> The way I understand Werner his intention is beyond his own machines
> so I think his approach of not changing fontspec without changing
> the name is the right one.

Exactly.  The changed files are used only to generate PDF
documentation for one of my packages (ttfautohint), which heavily uses
the most recent script additions to Unicode; they are not intended for
distribution in a generic way.  As soon as the corresponding changes
are applied upstream, I will use the upstream packages.  However, I
can't estimate in advance when updated packages appear...

> His problems, however, are neither directly related to fontspec nor
> to LaTeX3 ...

Weeeell, I get a LaTeX3 error message :-)

> ... they are in fact more general ... discussion in separate
> message

Thanks in advance!

    Werner