Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 09:27:20 +0930
From: Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all

Speaking for myself here...

> On 8 May 2018, at 07:54, Juergen Fenn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Most users rely on the idea that LaTeX is stable and will not break. That a
> given input will always produce the same output. No criticism at taking
> LaTeX further, none at all, but we should probably say it much louder

I suspect the team consider the recent developments “testing the water” regarding the possibility of incremental improvements. As the changes have been relatively well received, I think we can bank on further (modest) changes with a realignment of how LaTeX is presented to the world.

I believe we all understand the importance of stability for LaTeX and that has really been its biggest strength since before I even started using it. But I also believe in very recent times we have started to see that stagnation was becoming a risk for the long term health of the platform. I hope that we can communicate this effectively going forward!

Regards
Will
(From phone)