Andreas Matthias <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:54:02 +0100
Joseph Wright wrote:

> Will Robertson wrote:
>
>> I think "token list" describes the contents of a toks rather well (as it
>> should!) but I'm at a lost what to call "a token list that doesn't
>> contain unescaped # characters". Would "character list" work?
>
> If you do change the description, I assume that you'll also change the
> l3tlp module and the variable names:
>
> ..._tlp   => ..._chars (by analogy with ..._toks)
>
> \tlp_...  => \chars_...
>
> \tlist_.. => \chlist_... or \charlist... (as \clist_... is taken)

I disagree. I don't like it at all. Characters and tokens are
distinct things in terms of TeX.

LaTeX3 is already far away from TeX. Maybe too far. Don't push
it even farther away by reinventing terms and definitions.

"Token list pointer" might not be the most appropriate name but,
please, don't call it characters.

Ciao
Andreas