From:
Javier Bezos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:39:15 +0100
> a) have a look at the output
>
> b) have a try to define your own TOC layout (take my abstract spec of the
>    available keys from the previous mail)
>
> c) can you define the layout you are looking for?
>    if not:
>    - are there keys missing for the current templates?
>    - are there other templates missing that do radically different things?

Yes. Entries grouped in a single paragraph. For instance:

1) First section, 3. 2) Second section, 5. 3) Third section, 7. 4)...

It so happens that I'm working in a new release of a package for
formatting of toc entries which already provides such a kind of
indexes in the currently available version. However, adapting
it to the suggested templates is turning out to be more difficult
as I expected because most of things are handled in a quite
different way. The same applies to partial tocs. However,
I will persist (I have got no much time, I'm afraid), and if I get
some result I will send to this list.

>    - are the keys perhaps the wrong ones?
>
> d) share your thoughts and sample trials with us
>
> e) how difficult is it to implement a given design?

\bye
Javier